Thursday, July 17, 2008

Every Day Life

I've been looking at all my friend's blogs lately and thinking to myself, "Everyone gets to do fun things and go on vacations this summer except for us." But then I got thinking about how life is not made up of big, glamorous, and exciting moments. It mostly consists of the every day-to-day things that make our story OUR story. I guess these are a few snap shots into what we spend most of our time doing...hanging out with family and enjoying parenthood.


Alaina just went to her 6 month check up on Monday and weighs 17lbs 8 oz and is approx. 28 inches long! That puts her in the 80th %ile for weight, 99th %tile for height, and yes, her head continues to grow at an alarming rate, plotting her head circumferance at the 99th %tile as well. About a week ago she started sitting up on her own and life for mom and baby is much happier (except for when she just wants to be held and Mom is taking pictures instead).

Ah, the sweet moments when I look at my little angel and feel so grateful for her and the 30 minutes I have to do other things I love to do in my spare time-laundry, cleaning, etc.
This is Bertha, Rob's dad's infamous favorite daughter in a reincarnated form. I thought the black slime dripping from her mouth was a nice touch.
Alaina always has fun with Uncle Cody, especially when he lets her wear his sunglasses. The instant he put them on, she gave us this big grin.


6 comments:

Brent and Ashley said...

Fun vacations? What's that? Don't worry, we're with ya on that one! And I have to agree with you, it IS the simple, wonderful, everyday life that's simply the best! I'm so glad Alaina is topping the charts growing big and healthy! That's what we wanna see! Anyways, hope to see you soon. We can't wait to be home

Cori Simmons said...

It's the little things that matter and the small moments you share - save your vacationing for later, when she is old enough to enjoy them and remember.

Rachel said...

I think it's safe to assume that you weren't talking about us being the ones going on fun vacations... since the farthest we have traveled since Cameron was born is Payson... :) I always think you have an exciting life!

Anonymous said...

Dani--so I just stumbled onto your blog and loved it! I can't believe how beautiful Alaina is or how big! Hope life is going well. See you soon.

Jenny said...

Dani, I don't know if you remember me, but I stumbled on your blog and started freaking out! This is Jenny Tak. (From Jr. High so many years ago!) Your family is so darling! Please email me at brian.barlow@yahoo.com. I also have a blog. I will invite you to it!

Melynn said...

I love the "every day". Thanks for sharing.